Well yeah so i ordered it. Since it’s entirely my own design i have to receive and then assemble it still. I have named the computer the PICTURA I, and the modules Radio Module I and GPS Module I. This system is modular and connects key components through pins & headers.
These are the costs of the system:
- €39.- GPS (Lassen IQ + HFL Antenna + Mating header)
- €18.- Processor (Arduino pro mini)
- €17.- Radiotransmitter (NTX-2)
- € 5.- GSM (Telephone, Sony Ericsson T68i from eBay)
- €15.- Motherboard (my Custom PCB, see last post)
- € 5.- Radioboard (my Custom PCB, see last post)
- € 2.- GPSboard (my Custom PCB, see last post)
- €10.- Components etc (resistors, pins, etc for on custom boards)
And there you go, my very own flightcomputer for €75, and this has everything:
- GPS – Positioning!
- GSM – Calling and SMSing the positions
- Radio – Transmitting RTTY signals via radio (position & sensors!)
- Datalog – It has a SD slot on it!