So, today i finished the flightcomputer and tested it succesfully!
LAUNCH: ~11:00 (GMT+1) on Sunday, 1 Augustus 2010,
Lets start with a picture. I like pictures.
So here i was in the train, checking both the flightcomputers, mostly the 2 GPS’es. The Falcom module kinda worked, which was great news. It found some small bugs, which is good too!
You can see i am still using some breadboards..
So then, bugs fixed, time to get serious. I got a PCB and soldered everything very neatly together as you can see >>>
So that’s the entire flightcomputer! (phone is not in picture). But i just went out to check its workings, and the 2nd GPS (Falcom) wasnt getting a lock, which sucks.
So then i decided to run all kinds of predictions from a new launchsite. On this launchsite i can prepare indoors, and let it out at a safe time, and so we can measure all characteristics to get a good estimation right before launch. If the wind changes though, we are going to have to switch back again to the old location.
Oh yeah, in case you wondered, i bought a nice red rubber boat.
Before launch we will also be checking that there are no planes comming on our route via the tracking website http://www.flightradar24.com/ where you can see all the airplanes.
Work for tomorrow: building the externals and hooking up some of the sensors for testing!